Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday and the children are sleeping

It was a beautiful day today- and I had a little time to take some photographs of some work!  I am still workinig in photoshop to fix all the colors, crop, etc... but thought I would share a piece.  I have been using photoshop for a very long time, but have no formal training.  I just have fun- and use the undo key constantly.  Sometimes after I finish a painting, I will turn it into a completely different piece of art by manipulating edges, color, texture, contrast etc.  In the above painting, I first copied the image on a second layer... then I went to the filter tab, and under stylize,  I used the "find edges" tool.  I punched up the color a bit then made the layer semi-transparent.   It is so much fun!  Below is the unedited painting:-)  I don't know which one I like better.  What do you think?

This painting is another one inspired by my daughter.  She was sleeping so peacefully- and I was wondering what she was dreaming about.  I would love to illustrate a children's book with my daughter as a main character.  I know that I should feel extremely blessed in this economy to have a good job that pays well- and that I get to share art with children in therapy every day- but sometimes, I wish for so much more...
Thanks for all of your comments.  I love the advice I get from other artist mothers out there!  I know things will get easier as the little ones grow.  Right now, I am exhausted!!! 

3 comments:

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Wow - it is so beautiful! It's amazing the things you can do with Photoshop; my husband uses it all the time. All I know how to use is Picnik. Beautiful work!!! :) Theresa

Faerie Moon Creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NatashaMay said...

Adorable piece! I'm just learning the Photoshop and seeing some stuff on the internet blows my mind. The possibilities are endless.:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails