Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday and the children are sleeping

It was a beautiful day today- and I had a little time to take some photographs of some work!  I am still workinig in photoshop to fix all the colors, crop, etc... but thought I would share a piece.  I have been using photoshop for a very long time, but have no formal training.  I just have fun- and use the undo key constantly.  Sometimes after I finish a painting, I will turn it into a completely different piece of art by manipulating edges, color, texture, contrast etc.  In the above painting, I first copied the image on a second layer... then I went to the filter tab, and under stylize,  I used the "find edges" tool.  I punched up the color a bit then made the layer semi-transparent.   It is so much fun!  Below is the unedited painting:-)  I don't know which one I like better.  What do you think?

This painting is another one inspired by my daughter.  She was sleeping so peacefully- and I was wondering what she was dreaming about.  I would love to illustrate a children's book with my daughter as a main character.  I know that I should feel extremely blessed in this economy to have a good job that pays well- and that I get to share art with children in therapy every day- but sometimes, I wish for so much more...
Thanks for all of your comments.  I love the advice I get from other artist mothers out there!  I know things will get easier as the little ones grow.  Right now, I am exhausted!!! 

3 comments:

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Wow - it is so beautiful! It's amazing the things you can do with Photoshop; my husband uses it all the time. All I know how to use is Picnik. Beautiful work!!! :) Theresa

Theresa MacNaughton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Adorable piece! I'm just learning the Photoshop and seeing some stuff on the internet blows my mind. The possibilities are endless.:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails