Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer Begins

I taught my last class on Thursday then spent the rest of my week getting ready for father's day... and now, I am ready for planning some time to be creative.  I am a constant list maker... unfortunately, I am not as great at completing the lists that I create.  Life is still overwhelming- but maybe that is just the nature of having a full life.

So... in the interest of trying to organize my chaotic life, I thought I should create a list for my summer!  Who knows, maybe I will surprise myself and actually complete a couple of things!
  1. Work on the creative projects around reading for Caya.  She has been so super interested in reading lately!  I want to do whatever I can to nurture her curiosity and help her have fun learning.
  2. Plan and run my first art therapy group on the coast.  I have been tossing around some ideas with a friend about running some art therapy weekend workshops.  I am not entirely sure of the subject matter- some ideas I have been thinking of are infertility, loss, and creative blocks.
  3. Start writing an art therapy intervention book.  I have been working in this field for such a long time- and I have so much practical knowledge that I think could be useful.   Even if I got a basic outline done, I would be happy.
  4. Sew!  
  5. Complete at least two new paintings- and post at least five paintings by the end of summer.   I have a few pieces that still need to be photographed.  
So that is my future.  Of course, I would also like to spend more time with my family.  We had such  a fun day today- just being together, eating good food, and celebrating.  One of the gifts  I got my husband was a palbum from palbums.com.  They are utterly adorable mini albums you can keep in your pocket-  I totally love them!

4 comments:

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Happy Summer Solstice to you! Your plans for the summer are exciting...I'll look forward to hearing more about them. Theresa

Sprite said...

Hope you get to accomplish some of those exciting things on your list this summer :) I'm a really good list maker too, unfortunately I have the same problem with completing the things on it. :D

Absolutely love the image in this post!

Big hugs,
Sprite

rebecca said...

lovely daughter,
bright plans.
i remain ever watchful and singing your praises!

rebecca said...

hoping,hoping...
for haiku!!
perhaps coupled with one of your lovely paintings!

mr. linky is up and waiting. (that was a technical feat in and of itself!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails