Thursday, August 26, 2010

Haiku my heart - eating cake

 
I have been feeling nostalgic after my last post about the birthday invitations (click here!) I make for my children's birthday parties. I pulled up some of my old photographs of my daughter at past parties.  This one was taken two years ago.  It is such a cliche to talk about how quickly your children grow up-  but when I look at this picture, I ache.  She is such my little muse.  She can cause me to completely feel like a crazy person- and in another instant, I feel like mothering her is all I was meant to do.  Her next birthday party will be in September, and she will share the stage with her brother (we will see how that goes!).

Someone asked last time about my photographs.  They are photos that I play with in photoshop.  This one I used the colored pencil tool- setting the brightness of the paper to white, and then fading the effect a bit.  I also played around with the contrast.  I have such a hard time leaving a photograph alone.  

Hopefully you can read the Haiku okay.  Oh - I did a syllable counter on stained, and it came back as a two... just in case you were wondering :-)  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!! 
For more Haiku goodness, check out the beautiful Rebecca's blog. 
It only takes a few minutes to add your own!  
 


13 comments:

Jeannie said...

We will just read it as stain-ed

Too cute. My little ones are ever so long past this stage - in fact - I hardly remember it (isn't that awful? time went so fast, I had no chance to hold on to the moments).

Delphyne said...

She is just adorable, as is your haiku...

Leslie said...

What a darling child! A picture may capture the moment of memory, but your haiku captures the essence of both photo and memory.

And we'll use stain-ed in the Shakespearean sense, shall we? ; )

Kim Mailhot said...

Love this little girl loving haiku !
Happy Friday !

rebecca said...

i love your words...i feel like mothering is all i was meant to do...

each time you post about either of your children your words, pictures, happiness and concerns are imbued with love.

and yes....
oh how time flies!

xoxoxoxoxo,
rebecca

Meri said...

Lovely effect with the photo, Deann. Stain-ed? Who's writing that dictionary? An Elizabethan? That's too funny.

Vinay Leo R. said...

ah. so beautiful this :) loved the picture effect..!

turquoise cro said...

It does go too FAST!! I still enJOY them so!!! Children are the BEST gifts! Embrace this time!! Too soon YOU will be looking out at their empty gym set wishing YOU could hear those creaky swings once more! What a wonderful noise!!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Both the photo and the haiku are beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, as well! Theresa

Noelle Clearwater said...

It is a lovely memento of birthdays gone by and birthdays yest to come. She is lovely and lucky to have a loving mother and you a sweet daughter. Cherish the moments as I am sure you do.
Noelle

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Heart, not syllables, makes haiku--and you do!


Haiku My Heart…at the Oasis

*jean* said...

your little dear is so precious! i feel that angst...my only is 12 now and i find myself looking for that smaller child in his growing to manhood face...

rebecca said...

so glad it is almost haiku my heart friday....

i miss you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails