Sunday, January 24, 2010

one more week..


In one week I have to go back to work.  No more staying home with my little one- breast feeding through the Today show and then making art while he sleeps.  I love how he wakes up in his swing and watches me make art.  So peaceful, joyful, and content. I love him so much that every part of me aches.  The sadness I feel about going back to work is overwhelming.  I also am completely worried about my mother who is battling cancer a thousand miles away from me.  I want to go home.  I want to be with my family.  I don't want to go to work.  It is so hard to be a therapist and put all of my own problems and  issues neatly away so that I can be present for someone else.
I have to focus on what is good in my life.. and the fact that in this economy, I am lucky that I am paid well to do the work that I do.  I am just going to try to keep focused on what kind of life I want- and really work hard to find ways to create the life I am desperate for.  It may not happen right now.. but it will happen soon

3 comments:

Lyneen said...

congrats on the sweet new addition to your family.

Sorry to hear about your mother. I am sure she understands. I pray for her successful fight!

Love to you all.

*jean* said...

oo he's beautiful! warmest wishes for strength...for your mother and for you

Doda said...

What an adorable baby. It's tough to have to go back to work, but you sound like you are a strong person who will cope with this. I hope you find time still to pursue your artistic talents.

Sorry to hear about your mother.

Related Posts with Thumbnails