Monday, July 5, 2010

Another mermaid

I am busy right now grading papers - I only have twenty left of 70!  Each paper is about six pages long- so it is still a ton of work.  I can't wait to be done so that I can take back my evenings for art making.  Anyway, I found an old journal and saw this image I drew six years ago.  September 26th is my son's birthday (2009).  Interesting.  That was actually my daughter's due date too - but she came four days early in 2006.  I have had two clients born on September 26th that I totally adored and think about often.  Hmmm.
  Anyway, I thought I would share this mermaid who was swimming about in my right brain six years ago :-)   For those of you who didn't see my last mermaid post -  mermaids and me.  I actually like her quite a bit.  Maybe she is worth visiting in a larger painting.
  Okay... it is late.  I better get to sleep before the baby wakes up!

3 comments:

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

It must be something about that date! :) Well, this mermaid is interesting! I hope you do decide to make it into a larger painting.

Priti Lisa said...

Worth re-inventing into a larger painting for sure.
I happy to see you are enjoying your summer :)
xo

Theresa MacNaughton said...

She's beautiful and mysterious - you should definitely revisit her. My birthday is four days after your son's - fancy that! Theresa

Related Posts with Thumbnails