Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hello



I am not sure exactly what to say.. except hello. I am hoping to use this blog to connect with others- find a community of mothers and artists- and to sometimes rant about politics, psychotherapy, and being a mother in her early forties.
I recently saw the Frida Kahlo retrospective at the SFMoma- and I thought about how much I have neglected the artist within me. I have been a Frida fan since I was fourteen. I remember crying when I saw my first Frida painting. Since then, I have fallen in love with many other artists and poets- but she will always be my first love. One thing I took from the exhibit was the importance of reconnecting with my creative self. Perhaps I can use this blog as a form of accountability.

1 comment:

Michael Averch said...

I love my sweet honey bunny!!!

Your Husband,

Michael

Related Posts with Thumbnails